Posted on Jun. 13, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
Now Hiring Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
Westminster Woods on Julington Creek has immediate full-time and PRN Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) job openings in Assisted Living.
Shifts Available are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. every other weekend and
3 p.m. to 11 p.m. weekdays.
This position provides direct nursing care to the residents and supervises day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants in accordance with state and federal standards that govern our facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and it's communities.
1. Assist with the evaluation of residents needs.
2. Assist with planning resident care based on MD orders.
3. Implement resident care based on MD orders. Evaluate care and communicate with MD for updates of orders (PRN).
4. Ensure that residents receive their medicine at the prescribed time by the MD order.
5. Monitor blood glucose, temperature and blood pressure.
6. Assist residents with Daily Living Activities such as bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, transfer, ambulation, toileting and other resident needs.
7. Ensure that CNAs are following MD Orders.
Must be currently licensed in the State of Florida as a Licensed Practical Nurse
Must be CPR Certified
Experience and Basic Knowledge:
One year of long term care desirable.
Med-Surg, Home Health experience helpful.
Also experience working with the handicapped or developmentally disabled adults.
About Westminster Woods:
Westminster Woods is located in NW Saint Johns County.
Our mission is to serve people — residents, employees and our neighbors in the greater community. As a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, our sole purpose is to serve older adults, by providing beautiful and quality environments to enhance lifestyles at every level of independence.
The Westminster Communities of Florida story starts in 1954, with the First Presbyterian Church of Bradenton chartering Westminster Manor, and quickly moves to Central Florida with communities in Winter Park and Orlando.
Today, we’re happy to serve more than 6,500 residents in 18 communities throughout the state, offering active, independent living, assisted living and nursing care in our nine Continuing Care Retirement Communities, as well as affordable communities for low-income seniors.
EOE, DFWP - "We honor those who have served."