Posted on Oct. 4, 2016
• OSHA required training and ability to operate fork lift and pallet jack
• Effective supervisory leadership, organizational and communication skills
• Ability to operate basic office equipment
• Ability to stand, stoop, bend repetitively and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to push a cart up to 200 lbs.
• Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
• Working knowledge of computer software to include Adaco, Doclink, Win2010, Word, Excel
Education: High School diploma
Experience: Three to five years prior experience in hotel receiving and/or warehousing, (500+ room multi- outlet, convention hotel or centralized distribution hospitality chain operation).
Internal Job Description : This position oversees the daily activities of the Lakewood receiving and storeroom operations, ensuring adherence to established receiving, stock rotation, requisition and sanitation and security procedures. Additional responsibilities include preparing reports and taking inventories; and the storage of accounting data and ensuring strict adherence to all established storage procedures.
Storeroom and Receiving 75%
• Oversees receiving and storeroom activities to ensure adherence to accepted procedures, receipt of materials and supplies as specified on purchase order documents and security of all materials placed in storage
• Responsible for the smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of Storeroom/Receiving department
• Ensures adherence to all departmental and Loews Hotels guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Ensures accurate, timely completion of computerized reports to include Open Purchase Order, Unbilled Receiving, and monitor Doc Link WorkFlow. Reports and documents issues to LFSC Accounts Payable and LFSC Procurement
• Responsible for preparing month end reports for the Director of Finance
• Ensures accurate transmittal of Beverage receiving documentation to respective department at the Financial Service Center. Also responsible for preparing inter property transfers of bottled water to the properties.
• Notifies Procurement and manager at property of any receiving related discrepancies, to facilitate request for credit or replacement of damaged or discrepant goods
• Maintains organized purchase order and receiving documentation files.
• Ensure proper date tagging of all products, materials and supplies placed into storeroom.
• Oversees proper storage of materials and supplies received, and proper placement and rotation of stock to prevent loss due to deterioration of product quality while in storage
• Follows established requisition procedures for all materials and supplies leaving storeroom
• Indicates proper quantities on requisition for all items issued
• Monitors par levels for items in inventory, notifies property department managers when levels reach reorder point
• Ensures storeroom cleanliness
• Oversee monthly, quarterly, annual inventories
• Other duties as assigned by Manager
Package Delivery 5%
• Coordinates receipt, storage and delivery of packages delivered via common carrier
• Prepares shipping documents and coordinates with procurement for pick-up of materials shipped via common carrier
• Maintains tracking log for all common carrier shipments sent or received
Data Retention 15%
• Organizes accounting data for storage
• Coordinates pick up of accounting information from properties, receives in mailroon and delivers to Lakewood accounting
• Ensures efficiency of filing, boxing and moving
• Ensures proper and safe storage of data
• Coordinates with Accounting Generalist to maintain records of stored data and storage locations
• Monitors destroy dates for all data
• Receives and stores files as received from off site storage, as necessary
• Notifies appropriate department upon receipt of files, assists with delivery as required
• Maintains log for all activities
• Other duties as assigned
• Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
• Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
• Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow employees
• Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
• Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
• Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
• Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
• Recycles whenever possible
• Remains current with hotel information and changes
• Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
• Attendance in conformance with standards
• May be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs of the hotel
• Required to attend all training sessions and meetings