Posted on Oct. 4, 2016
Position is responsible for pressing uniforms, guest clothing, aprons. Additional responsibilities include ability to work a flexible schedule. Maintain quality and production standards. Close inspection of all finished products.
• Must have basic English skills. High school diploma an asset.
• Must know how to press clothes.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Bending, lifting, and stooping required.
• Must be flexible to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Must be customer-service orientated and have excellent hospitality skills.
• Separates garments.
• Performs any opening work.
• Operates assigned equipment in accordance with hotel standards and guidelines for safety.
• Presses garments.
• Counts garments.
• Keeps assigned area clean.
• Performs any closing work.
• Performs any other task required by the Laundry and Uniform Services Assistant.
• Encourages a positive attitude among employees, and treats other employees (and the guests) with courtesy and respect.
• Plus any other duties as assigned by management.
• Notifies immediate supervisors promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
• Is polite, friendly, and helpful to the guests, management, and fellow employees.
• Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions.
• Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment, and work area.
• Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
• Complies with safety regulations and procedures.
• Complies with hotel policies and rules.
• Recycles whenever possible.
• Remains current with hotel information and changes.
• Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards.
• Promotes and applies teamwork skill at all times
• Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of all problems and/or unusual matters of significance