Posted on Oct. 16, 2015
The LAUNDRY AIDE is responsible for sorting, washing, folding and transporting all types of laundry and documenting information according to department policy and procedure.
* Transfers wet linens to dryers and sets dryer on correct temperature for linens being dried. Delivers clean linens to linen room and/or residents rooms in the appropriate time frame allotted.
* Checks resident articles for proper identification and marks personal items as necessary. Sorts personal items according to resident room, delivers and puts away resident personal items in a timely manner.
* Maintains resident list with proper names and room numbers to ensure proper delivery of personal items in a timely manner.
* Maintains cleanliness of laundry room, carts and assigned area, meeting minimum safety/cleanliness standards 100% of the time.
* Immediately reports equipment malfunctions to department manager and/or supervisor.
* Crossed trained to perform the essential functions of the washing machine operator position.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Requirements EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
* High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
* None required.
* Six months experience in an institutional laundry preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to operate commercial laundry equipment. Good manual dexterity and motor skills. Basic math skills. Mechanically inclined.