Posted on Sep. 14, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Argos seeks a Part-time Late Person
Argos USA: the industry leader in Ready Mix Concrete, seeks qualified Late Person in Macon, Georgia to join our successful Team.
This position will be primarily responsible for maintaining the plant, and closing the plant in the evenings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES COULD INCLUDE:
• Dispatch trucks
• Complete bank deposits at end of day
• Manage end of day paperwork for plant
• Comply with all safety procedure
• Complete all paperwork required by employer. Examples: (Have reports or equipment maintenance schedules, work orders, and employee time sheets.
• Read, write and understand English.
• Apply common sense to carry out instructions, to deal with problems, to find source of the problem and correct the situation in a fairly short amount of time.
• Overtime may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Degree of physical strength necessary: This is moderately strenuous work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and / or up to 50 pounds frequently. Must lift and carry from floor level to waist level; also push/pull objects with similar force.
• Physical demands: Reaching, handling, fingering, and/or feeling: (Reaching - extending the hand (s) and arm (s) in any direction). (Handling - seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands (fingering not involved). (Fingering -- picking, pinching, or otherwise working with fingers primarily (rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling). (Feeling -- perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature, or texture by means of receptors in skin, particularly those of finger tips.) (Occasional kneeling, squatting and bending. Climbing into loader, as well as excessive clutch action.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
There is significant noise, vibration and heat which is intermittent, but may cause hearing loss and bodily harm. This is from a jackhammer and other equipment, including cement blowers.
There is also significant dust and dirt in the environment. There are many conditions and situations which there is a danger to bodily injury, such as heights, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock, and other hazards. This is caused by the equipment, tools, and machines. This position is mostly outdoors and varies dramatically with weather conditions
Call or email your resume. Click on "Apply Now for more information. Leave a copy of your resume.
ARGOS Ready Mix LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity in all aspects of our business.