Posted on Apr. 27, 2018
As Operations Manager for our Landscape Division, you will combine your analytical and technical knowledge with practical field experience to productively oversee this landscape maintenance and landscape installation division. As an additional benefit, you'll also have the use of a company vehicle.
• Manage and optimize all operations to ensure significant profitability and growth.
• Plan and manage all projects to ensure work is according to contract and plans, safely, within budget, on time, according to high standards, and to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Set strategic and tactical plans for your division.
• Manage day to day operations including scheduling and organizing crews, account managers and technicians and holding them accountable.
• Provide hands on management, spending most of each day visiting job sites, providing quick resolution to anticipated and unanticipated problems, lending your professional and technical expertise and meeting with customers.
• Building an outstanding team - developing and working with employees to build and support a team environment.
• Ensuring that our high-quality service is being implemented, including understanding basic horticultural concepts and working efficiently and safely at all times.
• Effectively communicating with our customers to build a strong relationship and keep them satisfied by making regular site visits and meeting the property’s needs.
• Create and implement best practices effectively using technology, labor, fleet and equipment with key performance metrics.
• Prepare and deliver accurate and timely reports.
• Ensure organized, clean, safe and efficient work environments. This includes clean and organized sites and well-maintained equipment, vehicles, tools, and safety gear.
• Demonstrate proficient knowledge and practical expertise of commercial landscape maintenance with the ability to roll up your sleeves to work and train crews and technicians when necessary.
• Prompt investigation and resolution of all complaints and emergencies.
• Demonstrate a high regard for customer service, client relationships, retention, and profitability to ensure long term growth.
• Become the “go to” person ensuring high customer relations, retention, renewals and enhancements.
• Ensure highest customer satisfaction through regular quality control site visits, regular and continuous communications with customers to improve relationships and prompt responses to all client communications resolving complaints in a professional manner.
• Hire, train, develop, motivate and mentor to form high performing, high morale, result-oriented teams and crews focused on high quality commercial landscape maintenance, safety, productivity, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
• Share our passion for performance, customer service, growth, revenue and profitability by leading, training and motivating each person to maximize their contribution and be a member of a high-performance team.
• Communicate and collaborate with senior management and sales.
• Oversee all billing for your division. Work directly with each Project Manager to ensure all work is billed correctly each month and look for opportunities to maximize profitability.
• Review monthly P&L’s to look for opportunities to become more efficient and profitable.
Earth Landscape, Irrigation & Golf was founded in 1989, and started as a landscape & irrigation installation company. In 1995, DTE expanded to include a landscape maintenance division due to increasing demand from its preferred clients. DTE Golf acquired its first golf course maintenance contract in 2008 and it has become the company’s fastest growing division.
Today, DTE has over 700 team members that operate throughout the entire state of Florida, managing over 350 landscape maintenance contracts & 14 golf facilities with 378 holes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.