Posted on Oct. 7, 2016
PSC Metals, Inc. is one of the most experienced and largest scrap metal processors in North America, providing services for more than a century to both generators and consumers of scrap. PSC Metals has locations across North America including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.
The LABORER will be responsible for performing manual labor needs within assigned work areas and acquiring knowledge of materials coming into the Ferrous or Non-Ferrous operations.
1. Process/dismantle vehicles so they may be recycled appropriately.
2. Verifies and separates materials according to type, based on metal, by color, shape, size, marking, or other characteristics as established by Company procedure; checks for unacceptable materials.
3. Places materials in bins, loads
4. Directs traffic flow onto the yard.
5. Monitors movement of customers to appropriate areas of the yard.
6. Organizes and/or cleans warehouse and yard as needed.
7. May deal directly with customers.
8. May be cross-trained for operation of Kiosk.
9. May operate light to heavy equipment; includes bobcat, forklift, bailer, loader, trucks, etc.
10. Organizes and/or cleans the yard as needed
11. Works with all safety guidelines and requirements.
12. Other routine tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by Yard Manager / Supervisor.
1. Minimum High School Diploma / GED is required
2. No special licenses or certifications required
3. 0-1 years work experience required
4. No supervisory / management experience required
5. Not responsible for supervising others(hiring, firing, performance reviews or corrective action)
1. Exposed to all weather elements and physical conditions
2. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
3. Safety – PPE requires includes steel toed shoes, hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, earplugs, gloves, etc.
4. This position requires full range of motion (i.e. bending, twisting, lifting, climbing, extension) and/or sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and work OT as necessary
PSC Metals offers a preventative medical benefits package, dental, vision, 401(k), holidays, personal days, vacation and competitive wages.
All candidates must successfully complete pre-employment testing requirements.
PSC Metals, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.