Posted on May. 5, 2017
Lab Techs Needed!
Hiring for Multiple Locations:
Augusta, Blair, Whitehall, Wyeville, WI
Reporting to the QA/QC Manager, the Quality Control Lab Technician will maintain normal function of the lab and sampling/testing equipment throughout the plant and will administer the plant’s Quality Control standard operating procedures.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Sufficient education to make appropriate arithmetic equations and complete written documentation and records; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the desired knowledge, skills and characteristics.
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
• Minimum of five (5) years of industrial experience, with one to two years related to Aggregate Mining. Knowledge and experience with safe industrial laboratory procedures, including chemical handling desirable. Basic analytical test experience.
• Basic computer knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft word and Excel. Knowledge to navigate through databases like IFS or other maintenance based programs is a plus.
• A valid state driver’s license with no active violations within the previous three years.
• Maintains hourly production samples and tracks production results.
• Qualifies all samples. Tests plant feed, waste product, and Wet & Dry plant products.
• Ensures proper upkeep and calibration of lab instruments and sampling/testing equipment throughout plant.
• Maintains database of lab sample processing data.
• Trains other employees to perform all basic Quality Control functions and ensures all testing is completed
in accordance with established procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Regularly required to sit or stand, reach and move about the facility.
• Frequently lift, carry, pull and push 20 lbs. or more.
• Frequently climbs ladders and stairs.
• Regularly walks on unleveled ground
Work performed in a plant environment. Exposure to inclement weather as most work will be performed outside.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Safety glasses, hard hat, steel toe boots and Respirator when required.
Auditory and fall protection applicable when required.
Hi-Crush provides unlimited possibilities for highly motivated people who seek a challenging career in an environment that rewards hard work, initiative, and results. Hi-Crush offers competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance. We also provide education, training, and leadership mentoring for qualified individuals.
A career at Hi-Crush can be as challenging, exciting, and rewarding as you make it.