Posted on Sep. 9, 2016
Location: Community Learning Center
Work Schedule: 177 Days
Work Type: Regular Part-Time
Pay Rate: $18.32/hr
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree
• Strong academic background
• Experience with supervision and working with children
• The hours on site for this position are Monday-Friday from 1:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M. on days school is in session with additional hours required for Professional Development.
PRIMARY PURPOSE SUMMARY:
• Responsible for planning and implementing the after school program on site to include supervising a small staff of 4-12.
• Oversee scheduling, customize enrichment activities, handle discipline problem resolutions and act as a liaison between the Adult & Community Education administration, school staff, KIN staff and parents.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans and customizes daily age-appropriate enrichment and academic activities.
2. Supervises staff ensuring that all aspects of the program are implemented in accordance with North East Independent School District (NEISD) policies and procedures.
3. Provides and/or coordinates appropriate training for staff and clearly communicates expectations.
4. Evaluates staff using Eduphoria twice a year.
5. Ensures necessary materials, equipment and resources are available for program implementation.
6. Manages monthly P-Card account purchasing supplies to enhance program activities.
7. Maintains communication among staff, students, parents and Kids’ Involvement Network office.
8. Directs the organization of facilities and materials at program site.
9. Interfaces with school administration on issues related to after school discipline and academic needs.
10. Supervises and trains staff on positive discipline techniques using the District Positive Behavior Management Plan.
11. Communicates and interacts with parents concerning discipline related issues.
12. Disseminates information to staff.
13. Takes the initiative to further develop skills and knowledge.
14. Maintains confidentiality of information.
15. Reports to work on time every day.
16. Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
• Effective oral and written communication skills with both adults and children
• Good organizational and problem solving skills
• Ability to direct small staff (4-12 employees) and function as an integral part of a team
• Valid Texas Driver's License with driving record that meets the requirements of the District
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
NORTH EAST INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER