Posted on Sep. 16, 2016
In - Person Interviews
Wednesday, September 28th
10 am - 2 pm
Click Apply Now for Details ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To assist in the attainment of District goals by keeping the District’s fleet of vehicles and equipment running in the most efficient and economical manner.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent (recognized by the Texas Education Agency or regional accrediting agency)
• Valid Texas Class “A” or “B” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with required endorsements (persons hired with Class “C” driver’s license must obtain the “A” or “B” CDL license with required endorsements within 60 calendar days of employment.
• Must reside in the state of Texas
• Safe driving record verified by Texas Department of Public Safety (meet and maintain liability coverage eligibility)
• Must have or be able to obtain Vehicle State Inspection Permit as required by management
• Must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check. Non-refundable fee (approximately $50.00) paid by the candidate
• At least 21 years of age
• Ability to diagnose and repair automotive vehicle problems. Including engine, transmission (both standard and automatic) drive train, brakes, electrical system, fuel system, exhaust and emission control systems, wheel alignment and automotive air conditioning
• Knowledge of safety measures regarding use of standard chemicals related to the position is required
• Ability to pass annual fitness determination exam per Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
• Ability to meet alcohol and controlled substance testing requirements set forth by the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing act of 1991
• Ability to demonstrate the following core values: integrity, high expectations, commitment, respect, dedication to teamwork and passion for a student centered environment
• Three (3) years full time experience within the last five (5) years, in general automotive repair work and tune-up of diesel vehicles, gasoline vehicles, small engines and air conditioning systems. An • Associate’s Degree in automotive applications or 45 college hours of courses in automotive applications, within the last five (5) years, may be noted as credit for one (1) year of work experience.
THE SAN ANTONIO INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, GENDER, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY LAW.