Posted on Nov. 28, 2016
Goodwill is seeking a Job Coach.
Provides vocational training and job coach supervision of supported workers in a subcontract workshop.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides direct care for individuals including assistance with meals and other personal needs, if warranted.
• Assures that all rules and regulations of Goodwill Industries and the community business for which work is being done are upheld, reporting any deviations to Contracts Manager or Contract Services Coordinator.
• Models the work to be done for the supported worker, using the exact techniques required by the business for which the work is being performed.
• Ensures that employer quality and quantity standards are maintained by fully training the supported worker to perform all aspects of the job; and by actually performing the job until complete independence is achieved in order to maintain production quotas.
• Interacts with and instructs service recipients with reinforcement for positive behavior and promotes social integration, worker socialization, proper communication skills and positive work attitudes.
• Assists in the completion of documentation of supported worker’s performance towards completion of goals, monthly reports to referral/funding source, vocational assessments of individuals served, and incident/accident reports as necessary.
• Completes job trainings and in-services as determined by the company and required by the funding source.
• Provides safety training to supported workers, emphasizing prevention of injury to themselves or others. Assures that all safety policies are followed by those served, reporting any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
• Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings. Maintains current certifications in First Aid and CPR and administers First Aid and CPR if required.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Administers medication, as necessary, per physician’s instructions, and as instructed in Goodwill procedure and medication administration training.
• May attend team meetings in the capacity of a vocational professional and reports on progress of individual served, as well as plans for future service needs.
• May occasionally transport individual served on an as needed basis.
• Other duties as required.
High school graduate, minimum age of 21, with ability to pass required competency-based training.
SPECIAL CONTRACTUAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license, with a good driving record.
• Must maintain appropriate requirements for legal vehicle operation, including current automobile insurance inspection, and license plate.
• Must be eligible for a positive outcome on required State of Oklahoma criminal conviction background check.
• Must maintain Goodwill’s Drug-Free Workplace.
Interested candidates can apply in person, online or for immediate attention you can send your resume via email.