Posted on Mar. 26, 2018
Perform written and oral interpretation and translation for Japanese and English speaking employees. Additional duties as required by management.
Education requirementsBS/BA in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field
Experience requirements• Three (3) – five (5) years of Translation or related experience
• Ability to speak and write fluently in Japanese and English
• Experience in translating for the engineering and logistics field preferred
• Experience working in a manufacturing plant is preferred
Responsibilities• Advanced PC skills (Microsoft Office suite)
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• "Interpretation" - Oral Translation
o Provide consecutive or simultaneous translation between Japanese and English in meetings and for on the spot situational dialogues
o Review material before meeting
• Translate documents incoming and outgoing to Johnan America, Johnan Japan, and subsidiaries
o Translate technical documents for the Production Control, Quality, Manufacturing, HR, and Engineering departments
o Ensure correct grammar, language usage, and consistent presentation of names and acronyms
o Communicate and consult with work originators
o Utilize and maintain glossary database
• Administrative Responsibilities
o Maintain comprehensive working knowledge of the firm's structure, key personnel and organization policies and procedures
o Plant projects (kaizen) presentation, data entry and overall plant support
1. Assist quality department
2. Assist engineering department
3. Assist plant management (including PC and MFG)
4. Assist human resources department
Work hours8:00am – 5:00pm
APPLY TODAY - Email your resume or apply in person!
1. EMAIL: Fill out the quick apply form, attach resume, and click the "apply now".
3. APPLY IN PERSON: Fill out the quick apply form and select "apply now". On the next page, select employer address to access.