at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jul. 8, 2017
Terumo BCT is currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of IT Support Technician (Service Desk Technician), which is responsible for providing quality support for ITS customers by assisting with technical computer and software issues. This person will work directly with the customer to install, repair, and troubleshoot hardware and software as needed. This position will provide support to multiple sites.
- Applies training and knowledge to assist associates in the resolution of computer related questions.
- Receives trouble tickets and helps a variety of ITS customers resolve processing problems regarding Intel based personal computers.
- Answers associate's questions and resolves problems in regard to the supported suite of applications.
- Installs, fully configures, and supports Windows operating system and Microsoft Office applications.
- Works incoming requests via the incident and request tracking tool to assist in resolution of computer generated issues.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by providing answers and resolution to incoming issues. Logs customer contacts and either answers questions directly or appropriately evaluates requests for escalation to Level II or III specialist for resolution.
- Coordinates schedules with team members to ensure coverage during business hours.
- Works directly with other technical groups to analyze and resolve technical issues in the areas of client computing, servers, WAN/LAN, VoIP telephony, and business applications.
- Recommends modifications to system processes within area(s) of functional expertise.
- Participates on project teams as necessary to design and implement new or changed IT services.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a related field.
- Extensive experience with PC hardware installations and repair and all client based Microsoft and Adobe applications.
- Experience with computer, server, and networking hardware and software.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software maintenance.
- Ability to follow proven solutions to problems and communicate resolution steps to end-users.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Demonstrated ability to routinely diagnose IT problems and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise-wide solutions including WAN/LAN, VoIP telephony, client computing, servers, and business applications.
- Broad understanding of systems, products, and processes that allow timely resolution of complex customer and/or business issues.
- Flexibility to adapt to and learn new technologies.
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Commitment and ability to deliver high customer satisfaction.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
ITIL Foundations certification preferred.
- Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Additional Physical Requirements
- Travel required to multiple sites locally.
- Ability and willingness to work various shifts, holidays, be on call.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
- Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
- One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
- Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the recruiter at:
We have preferred partners, no agency calls please
State: Colorado (US-CO)
Country: United States