at Dossman Tech
Posted on Feb. 5, 2018
Technical support technicians must have a solid understanding of computer hardware and software, since they spend a good portion of time answering questions about hardware and software problems. They may work for organizations, vendors, or companies that provide third-party contract technical support.
Technicians who work solely in a technical support capacity manage customer questions directly via telephone or e-mail. A high degree of technical skill is needed to solve problems in what can be a stressful environment.
Installing new programs and equipment and ensuring the proper functioning of a company's existing computer system can also be important to daily tasks.
Education requirementsWilling to train the right candidates
Experience requirementsStarting pay $35,000/year + Bonuses
Responsibilities• Talk to customers over the phone or via email to provide
solutions to technical problems
• Perform diagnostic tests and troubleshooting to identify client’s
• Provide customers accurate information on IT products and
• Develop and implement technical procedures effective in
quickly addressing customers’ problems to minimize downtime
• Carry out assessments to determine the need for changes in
• Educate clients on procedures for resolving or preventing
recurrence of a technical problem
• Act as liaison between the IT unit of an organization and its
Skills• Communication Skill: IT support technicians are able to use
clear language and expression to provide technical support to
• Problem-solving Skill: They are well versed in providing IT
solutions to address the needs of customers
• Interpersonal Skill: They work with various tech professionals
to develop and implement IT support strategies.
Work hoursFull time
Benefits include 3 weeks PTO