at UF Health
Posted on Feb. 23, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Interventional Radiology – Special Procedures Technologist - ARRT VI Vascular
Our growth creates a unique career opportunity for a talented Vascular Interventional (VI) Radiology Technologist to perform and assist with interventional and imaging procedures.
• Must have angio/vascular interventional experience.
About UF Health Jacksonville:
UF Health Jacksonville is an academic medical center affiliated with the University of Florida. University of Florida Health, the Southeast’s most comprehensive academic health center, which encompasses our hospitals, physician practices, colleges, centers, institutes, programs and services across northeast and north central Florida and south Georgia, with more than 70 specialties represented. UF Health Jacksonville is also home to the area’s only Level I adult and pediatric Trauma Center. Areas include SICU, MICU, CVICU, PICU, CCU, Trauma, Emergency and Flight Services.
UF Health Trauma Center is unique in that it is one of only a few Level 1 trauma centers in the United States with a fully operational ‘hybrid operating room’ dedicated exclusively to trauma and acute surgical emergencies. The hybrid operating room allows for a timely, multidisciplinary approach for trauma/acute care surgeons, vascular surgeons and interventional radiologists to simultaneously utilize a full range of open, endovascular and minimally invasive interventions for injuries and hemorrhage control.
The Interventional Radiology (IR) Department at UF Health Jacksonville, both Downtown and North campuses, provide pre-procedural, intra-procedural and immediate post-procedural care for adult, geriatric and pediatric patients presenting to the department for interventional radiology procedures, diagnostic and therapeutic. Operating on two Jacksonville campuses, our newest facility opened in 2015. We offer state of the art operations utilizing both Siemens and GE equipment having multiple procedure rooms equipped to perform fluoroscopy, CT and 3D Imaging.
UF Health also has a dedicated Stroke Center and is in process of achieving certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. We have a growing Neuro Interventional Division.
UF Health provides our employees with a very comprehensive compensation package. Full and part-time employees working 40 or more hours per 2 week pay period will qualify.
Benefits begin the first day of employment. Summary of our Employee Benefits package includes:
• Group Insurance plans - Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
• 401K Retirement
• Paid Personal Leave
• Available six months employment: Tuition Reimbursement
UF Health Jacksonville is an Academic Center and there is a multitude of professional development and career growth opportunities!
We invite you to connect with our recruiter today to learn more about us!!
Education requirements• Vocational Training
• Graduate from School of Radiologic Technology recognized by the ARRT
Experience requirements• 1-2 years General Radiology
• Must have some experience with Angio Interventional procedures
Qualifications• ARRT certification in Vascular Interventional (VI) is preferred or will have minimum one year of Vascular Special Procedures / Interventional Radiology experience.
• Current BLS Certification
• ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technology) and Florida State License
• ARRT certification in Vascular Interventional Radiography (VI) will be required within 18 months of date of hire
Skills1. Approach and manage stress/traumatic situations in a calm manner.
2. Knowledge of Imaging and Interventional procedures and practices including angio/vascular interventional.
3. Familiar with imaging equipment and all other patient care equipment.
4. Knowledge of computer technology, electronic imaging, and ability to troubleshoot problems.
5. Upholds the Standard of Practice of a registered technologist.
Work hoursRadiology Hours of Operation: 6:30am to 6pm Mon thru Fri
• Both 8 hour and 10 hour shifts available
• Must be able to take call on a rotational basis.
We invite you to complete the Quick Apply to connect with our recruiter today.
Thank you for your interest in exploring career opportunities with UF Health Jacksonville!
Jacksonville Florida - Things to Know
The largest city in Florida and in the US - with a gorgeous coastline and multiple beaches.
1. Huge beach community - 20 miles of pristine beaches.
2. St Johns River - featuring waterfront dining, events and entertainment, river cruises
3. Football - Jaguars AFC Champions in 2017 and host of Gator Bowl; world's largest stadium video display
4. Jazz - Northeast Florida hosts some of the top-rated Jazz Musicians at our Jacksonville and Amelia Island festivals and the Ocean Seawalk Pavilion "Spring the Blues" festival.
5. Multicultural Diversity City hosting the 3 day World of Nations
6. Top rated education with St Johns County Public Schools rated the best in the state
7. Veteran Friendly City and it's own Veterans Memorial Wall honoring fallen soldiers in all 6 branches of service, Veterans Day Parade
8. Arts/Theatre - Florida Theatre and First Wednesday Art Walk, Light Boat Parade, World Arts Film Festival, Hemming Park, Daily's Place Outdoor Entertainment
9. Vacationing - one of 5 Florida cities with cruise port access; St Augustine the oldest city in the nation.