at Terumo BCT
Posted on Oct. 7, 2016
INTERNATIONAL TAX ANALYST
Responsible for delivery of a full range of International Tax services. Assists with annual tax compliance, quarterly tax provision calculations and financial statement disclosures for a global medical technology company and its affiliates. Performs tax research and analysis of US, state and foreign tax laws on matters affecting the business.
* Supports the Global Tax Director in managing corporate tax reporting and minimizing corporate tax risk for the organization in the various countries where the organization conducts business.
* Provides support for the functional group's development, direction, and effectiveness, adhering to organizational policies and processes and supporting overall business and corporate objectives.
* Acts as primary contact for non-US affiliates related to collection, management and review of quarterly tax provision calculations prepared in accordance with International Accounting Standards. Prepares global consolidation of tax provisions for the US company and its foreign subsidiaries for reporting results of the business unit to ultimate parent company.
* Assists with preparation of consolidated US Federal and multiple state income tax returns, extensions, and estimated payments. Federal return includes extensive reporting on international transactions and foreign affiliates.
* Monitors international income tax filing requirements, assisting Global Tax Director in managing compliance in foreign jurisdictions through external return preparers.
* Documents and monitors transfer pricing policies to ensure compliance with transfer pricing regulations in the US and foreign jurisdictions. Understands, analyzes and documents transfer pricing used in various inter-company transactions as well as assisting outside consultants in preparing transfer pricing studies and reviewing reports drafted by consultants.
* Interacts with business to provide innovative international tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise.
* Interacts with personnel at all levels within the company, external auditors, and outside consultants to support and advance the goals of the company and the tax department.
* Maintains annual calculations for foreign earnings and profits, foreign tax credits and overall foreign losses, if applicable.
* Prepares annual filings to report foreign bank accounts maintained by the US company and its affiliates, and corporate accounts outside the US over which US associates have signature authority.
* Supports tax forecasting, accounting and reporting, business development, legal and compliance processes.
* Assists in general ledger review process to verify accuracy of international operations and tax entries.
* Provides advice and support to Treasury and AP groups in complying with FATCA requirements and review of W-8 Forms collected from foreign vendors.
* Organizes and maintains tax records and conducts tax studies and special projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Minimum 6 years of progressive experience in the tax department of a large public or private enterprise (public accounting and/or industry), including significant exposure to multi-state and consolidated corporation tax issues.
* Minimum of 3 years of focused experience on international tax principles.
* Experience with a Big 4 firm, law firm, or corporate tax department of a multinational company.
* Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance. Familiarity with IFRS desired.
* Experience with inbound and outbound transaction review, multinational corporation experience, transfer pricing, foreign tax credit utilization, and tax minimization.
* Exhibit strong understanding of Federal income tax concepts and international concepts included in the federal return.
* Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
* Demonstrated leadership and team building skill.
* Demonstrated ability to perform well under time pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Proven success supporting tax audits.
* Detail-oriented with strong organizational, decision-making, and problem resolution skills.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, premier tax preparation software tools (e.g. OneSource, Vertex, ProSystem), and CCH online tax research tools.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.