at Terumo BCT
Posted on Oct. 13, 2016
Under minimal supervision, supports research/scientific/technical/engineering related projects or processes.
* Performs planned work to accomplish project goals and provide experience and familiarization with engineering or scientific processes, independent thinking, and company practices and policies.
* Performs work that is investigative in nature and analyzes data and report results for various research or projects.
* Communicates frequently with co-workers, customer, or vendors to discuss information or issues related to material properties.
* Develops solutions to problems of intermediate to advanced complexity; interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to operating policies where appropriate.
* Displays a positive, proactive approach to problem solving.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* May assist in accurate data entry into computer databases or company files.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Pursing a PhD degree in engineering, physical science, or life science discipline is preferred.
No prior experience required.
* Expanded knowledge of engineering or scientific processes.
* Ability to apply complex engineering or scientific concepts to support department or company projects.
* Ability to analyze problems, contribute to decisions, and assist in the design and implementation of solutions to resolve engineering or scientific issues that are intermediate to advanced in complexity.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.