Posted on May. 8, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
Goodwill Industries has exciting new career opportunities this spring! Most people think of Goodwill as just a thrift store, but our business is really about changing lives. Our employees make our community a better place and everyone, regardless of position, plays a role in the success of our mission. We hire individuals committed to excellence and to providing much needed services in our community. We focus on abilities, not disabilities to generate revenue and support this mission and help people identify and gain meaningful work. Take the first step to join our team.
An application MUST be completed and submitted in order to be considered for employment.
Now seeking an Instructor for Employment Essentials Training in Tulsa, OK.
• Company paid basic term life
• Paid time off
• Voluntary medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401k
Instructs vocational students in subjects to further their knowledge of occupational skills in various training programs. Instructs students in personal development and employer expectations to prepare them for careers in industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Conducts on-the-job training, classes, or training sessions to teach and demonstrate principles, techniques, procedures or methods of designated subjects.
• Presents lectures and conducts discussions to increase students’ knowledge and competence, using visual aids, such as graphs, charts, videotapes and slides.
• Observes and evaluates students’ work to determine progress, provide feedback, and make suggestions for improvement.
• Assists in developing training programs, teaching aids, and study materials for instruction in vocational or occupational subjects
• Assists in planning course content and methods of instruction, preparing course content and method of instruction.
• Assists in preparing outline of instructional program and training schedule, and establishing course goals.
• Selects and assembles books, materials, supplies, and equipment for training, courses, or projects.
• Administers oral, written, or performance tests to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
• Corrects, grades and comments on lesson assignments.
• Prepares reports and maintains records, such as student grades, attendance, training activities, production records, and supply or equipment inventories.
• Reviews enrollment applications and corresponds with applicants.
• Arranges for lectures by subject matter experts in designated fields.
• Recommends advancement, transfer, or termination of student based on mastery of subject.
• Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions, and integrates relevant information into training program.
• Solves operational problems and provides technical assistance with equipment and process techniques.
• Markets training program to potential referral and funding sources.
• Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings. Maintains current certifications in First Aid and CPR and administers First Aid and CPR as required.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Functions as a referral source for individuals needing the services of other agencies.
• Markets other Goodwill services to outside organizations and individuals.
• Other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL CONTRACTUAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must have a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License, with a good driving record.
• Must be eligible for positive outcome on required State of Oklahoma criminal conviction background check.
• Must maintain appropriate requirements for legal vehicle operation, including current automobile insurance, inspection, and license plate.
• Must maintain Goodwill’s Drug-Free Workplace.
INTERESTED? Take these steps in order to join our team:
• Click “Quick Apply” to submit your contact information.
• Acquire an application via our website, at any Goodwill store, donation center or at our Headquarters. You MUST fill out a Goodwill provided application in order to be considered for employment.
• Expect an email or phone call from a Recruiter. If being considered, you will be provided with next steps. Make sure you check your spam folder.
If you do not have access to a computer, we provide free access to computers and Internet at any of our Job Connection Centers.