Posted on Sep. 12, 2016
Location: Wilshire ES/AES
Work Schedule: 179 Days
Work Type: Regular Full-Time
Pay Grade: I1
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent*
• Completion of forty-eight (48) college hours at an accredited college or university and/or possess an Associate's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university
(Required for employment in Title I schools only)
• One month related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* High School Diplomas and college/university degrees must be obtained from an accredited program or university approved by the United States Department of Education and the Texas Education Agency.
• Paraprofessional Certification as required by the District and the State Board in one of the following categories: Educational Aide I; Educational Aide II; or Educational Aide III
PRIMARY PURPOSE SUMMARY:
• Assist teacher in preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements.
• Works under supervision of certified teacher or teaching team.
• Paraprofessionals may provide instruction provided they are working under the direct supervision of a highly qualified teacher.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs routine tasks under the direct supervision of a certified teacher or teaching team.
2. Participates in selecting, planning, organizing and evaluating.
3. Performs classroom clerical operations under the supervision of a certified teacher.
4. Helps supervise students throughout the school day, inside and outside the classroom - includes lunchroom, bus and playground duty and movement of students from one classroom or one activity to another.
5. Actively pursues running children in order to maintain student control, safety and well-being.
6. Assists teacher in preparing and using instructional materials, instructional media and classroom displays.
7. Assists with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
8. Helps maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
9. Helps with inventory, care and maintenance of equipment.
10. Records grades and attendance.
11. Helps teacher keep administrative records and prepares required reports.
12. Helps teacher implement methodology and use instructional media to yield an educational environment for all students.
13. Provides orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
14. Conducts instructional exercises assigned by the teacher; works with individual students or small groups.
15. Keeps teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
16. Participates in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
17. Participates in faculty meetings and special events as assigned.
18. Maintains confidentiality of information.
19. Reports to work on time every day.
20. Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
• Meet a rigorous standard of quality and be able to demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and readiness, and mathematics or as appropriate, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness (Title I schools only)
• Ability to work well with children
• Ability to lift 100 pounds with assistance
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and to communicate effectively
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Valid Texas Driver's License with driving record that meets the requirements of the District
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
NORTH EAST INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER