Posted on Feb. 1, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
S.A. Comunale, a leading fire protection contractor has an immediate opportunity available for an Fire Protection Systems Inspector Trainee for our branch office in Columbus Ohio. In this role, you learn how to become a Fire Protection Systems Inspector.
The primary function of this role is to perform NFPA-based inspections of water based fire systems, fire alarm systems, and fire extinguishers.
Are you qualified? MUST HAVE a high energy level with a focus towards customer development and support, quality work performance, and an understanding of all the necessary NFPA codes that support each fire system.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Perform basic troubleshooting of wet based fire systems, and describe them to owners and service managers for repairs.
• Perform basic troubleshooting of fire alarm systems, including replacing fire alarm components – smoke detectors, pull stations when applicable.
• Perform inspections from man lifts at elevations of 30 to 40 feet from ground level, as necessary.
• Perform annual inspections on both domestic and fire backflows.
• Monitor and assure progress and completion of all assigned tasks.
• Complete and submit all work tickets and inspection reports to administrative personnel in a timely manner.
• Responsible for self-scheduling of daily inspections.
The successful candidate must have 2-3 years of related work experience plus the following:
• Knowledge of NFPA codes that support each fire system:
- Perform NFPA 25 based inspections on wet, dry, deluge, pre-action, and fire pumps.
- Perform NFPA 72 based inspections on fire alarm systems, including all components of those systems.
- Perform NFPA 25 based inspections on standpipe systems and fire hydrants.
- Perform NFPA 10 based inspections on fire extinguishers.
• High school diploma or GED; vocational or industry trade school is a plus.
• Working knowledge of the operational characteristics of the following Fire Protection Systems: wet, dry, foam, deluge, pre-action, standpipe, fire hydrants, and fire pumps.
• Individual backflow license is a plus and NICET Level II in water based or fire alarm systems are pluses.
• Basic mechanical skills, including the ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues.
• Ability to work on ladders, scaffolding, and scissors or articulating lifts.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Ability to obtain all required certifications, including NICET.
• Able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds.
• Computer Skills: Significant experience with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years. We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power. With 12 branch locations and over 600 employees, including 400 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Michigan and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
An EMCOR Company: We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.