at S A Comunale
Posted on Sep. 4, 2016
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
S.A. Comunale, a leading contractor in the fire protection industry, has an immediate opportunity for an INSPECTOR with a minimum 2-3 years’ related work experience for our offices in Reading / Leigh Valley, PA.
INSPECTOR OF WATER BASED FIRE SYSTEMS, FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS, FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
The primary function of this role is to perform NFPA-based inspections of water based fire systems, fire alarm systems, and fire extinguishers. Travel to customer sites will be required.
This job requires a high energy level with a focus towards customer development and support, quality work performance, and an understanding of all the necessary NFPA codes that support each fire system.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Perform basic troubleshooting of wet based fire systems, and describe them to owners and service managers for repairs.
• Perform basic troubleshooting of fire alarm systems, including replacing fire alarm components – smoke detectors, pull stations when applicable.
• Perform inspections from man lifts at elevations of 30 to 40 feet from ground level, as necessary.
• Perform annual inspections on both domestic and fire backflows.
• Monitor and assure progress and completion of all assigned tasks.
• Complete and submit all work tickets and inspection reports to administrative personnel in a timely manner.
• Responsible for self-scheduling of daily inspections.
• The successful candidate must have 2-3 years of related work experience plus the following:
Knowledge of NFPA codes that support each fire system:
- Perform NFPA 25 based inspections on wet, dry, deluge, pre-action, and fire pumps.
- Perform NFPA 72 based inspections on fire alarm systems, including all components of those systems.
- Perform NFPA 25 based inspections on standpipe systems and fire hydrants.
- Perform NFPA 10 based inspections on fire extinguishers.
• High school diploma or GED; vocational or industry trade school is a plus.
• Working knowledge of the operational characteristics of the following Fire Protection Systems: wet, dry, foam, deluge, pre-action, standpipe, fire hydrants, and fire pumps.
• Individual backflow license is a plus and NICET Level II in water based or fire alarm systems are pluses.
• Basic mechanical skills, including the ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues.
• Ability to work on ladders, scaffolding, and scissors or articulating lifts.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Ability to obtain all required certifications, including NICET.
• Able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds.
Significant experience with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Cell Phone & Vehicle
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years. We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power. With 13 locations and over 600 employees, including 400 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Michigan and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
An EMCOR Company: We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.