Posted on Apr. 11, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan, Paid vacation, Paid personal time
Are you ready to join a global team of more than 55,000 amazing SYKES team members who focus on serving and helping our customers and each other? We are actively scheduling interviews for Amazing People to join our Lakeland team of Customer Sales and Support Agents!
This is a soft, up-selling and customer service position for in-coming calls. The compensation structure is a $10.50 Base + Bonuses / Commission + Shift Differential.
The Lakeland SYKES Business Center has fun, high energy employees that enjoy bright, natural light work space and a culture that supports your growth and celebrates your achievements.
You’re taking the first step in creating what could be your lifelong career, or maybe this is a step in your journey for the next few years. Either way, you will gain valuable skills and work experience that will help you become a better and more talented professional.
On our Call Center team, you’ll learn all about our customers’ wants, needs and interests before connecting them to products and solutions that make it all possible. At SYKES we put our customers first and strive to ensure each and every call provides a fantastic experience. We truly enjoy helping people, and know you do too!
SYKES offers employees a comprehensive benefits program that even includes corporate discounts!
• Full time work hours
• Consistent work schedules so you can plan your life
• Tuition reimbursement
• Inbound calls only
• Health/medical benefits
• Performance and sales incentives
• Paid training
• Career advancement opportunities / Promotion from within
• Fun team environment
• Corporate discounts on merchandise and services like, cell phone services, gift certificates, tickets and entertainment, electronics, travel and much more.
Education requirementsMinimum High School diploma or equivalent
Experience requirementsType of historical employment experience that is helpful, but not required includes:
• Previous call center experience a plus
• Previous sales experience a plus
• Previous customer contact experience a plus
QualificationsWe love our employees and our customers! We want you to be excited about being at work and providing solutions. Our customers rely on us to solve their problems.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life of a SYKES Sales and Customer Service Agent includes activities such as:
• Excellent communication and computer skills are very important for you to succeed and for our clients customers to have a positive experience.
• Answer inbound customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services, products, billing, equipment, claims, and report problem areas
• Be confident and always offer an upsell to the customer
• May be required to work in one or multiple systems and utilize multiple screens to find information and solve problems
• Responsible for improving customer retention through programs and exemplary service provided to the customer
• Utilizes mechanized systems to initiate and complete service orders and handle customer requests
• Continually maintain working knowledge of all client products, services and promotions
• Make recommendations according to customer's needs on features, accessories, upgrades and options
• Utilize operational systems to process purchases of products and services
• It is important to note most schedules require afternoon/evening hours and one or both weekend
SkillsSome of the essential skills for the CSR include:
• Computer keyboard, mouse and multi-screen use
• Must be able to type 25 words per minute
• May be responsible for credit/inbound, activations, customer service, sales, fraud protection, and other duties as required
Work hoursOur Lakeland office is open 7 days a week from 8am - 11:30pm with scheduling of overtime voluntary. Shift Differential for hours worked on weekends or any weekday after 5pm.
**No Resume Required! If you are prompted to upload or paste, please type in N/A to by pass.**