Posted on Aug. 24, 2017
$11.50– $17.25 Hourly
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
MPW Industrial Services, North America's leading provider of technology based industrial cleaning, has open employment opportunities for Water Blasting Cleaning Technicians.
You will be working with industrial strength, pressurized (PSI) water equipment contributing to the production process for steel and automotive manufacturing.
The hiring and safety managers are looking for people that want respectable work and opportunities to develop themselves. Serious consideration will be given to all applicants.
As an employee at MPW, you are the cornerstone in our mission statement to create and enhance enduring customer relationships through safety, innovation, and service.
We know the daily duties of the Vac & Blast Technician requires strength, environmental tolerance, safety awareness, and overall can be a physically demanding position. Blasting Technicians qualify for both daily and weekly overtime at time + 1/2. New employees start at $11.50 / hour with employee review and pay increases at 3 months, 6 months,12 months, 18 months, and 24 months. Thereafter annual reviews with eligible annual increases.
Upon your completion of company provided training, you will receive OSHA 10 Certification. There is also opportunity for you to obtain class A - CDL licensing through company sponsorship. In addition to a full benefit package with affordable HSA options, you will be eligible for tuition reimbursement, uniform program with reasonable retainer, and laundry service.
Education requirementsHigh School Diploma or GED preferred. Specialization in industrial or vocational trades a plus.
Experience requirements1. Specific exposure to an equipment or maintenance environment.
2. Experience performing manual labor in an outside setting.
3. Some experience or exposure to heavy equipment and tools is preferred.
Responsibilities1. Arrive at branch or jobsite on time, in uniform, properly groomed, mentally alert and physically able to work.
2. Operate MPW vehicle (car or van).
3. Set up job site including water blast hose, or vacuum hose.
4. Use equipment such as, water blast gun, water lance, dry vacuum hose (6”and 8”), wet vacuum hose (6” and 8”), shovels and picks.
5. Strictly adhere to MPW Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
6. Cleans equipment prior to return to MPW branch location.
7. Demonstrate initiative in execution of assigned tasks.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Skills1. Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
2. Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
3. Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
4. Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in confined spaces.
5. Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
6. Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
Work hoursMonday - Friday scheduling with on call emergency rotation on weekends and nights. Projects can require long and non - traditional hours.