Posted on Jul. 14, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
West Fraser Timber Co is looking to hire an Industrial Manufacturing Electrician in Whitehouse, Florida, located near Jacksonville, FL.
West Fraser Timber Co Ltd. is an integrated forest products company producing lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp, and newsprint. Today, the company carries on its operations through subsidiary companies and joint ventures owned directly or indirectly by the company’s principal operating subsidiary West Fraser Mills. West Fraser, Inc. is the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary in the United States. The business has 15 lumber producing locations throughout the U.S. South.
The position is located at Whitehouse, Florida.
The Industrial Manufacturing Electrician will be responsible for troubleshooting, correcting, and maintaining all electrical equipment within the manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Test electrical systems and circuits in electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment or components to identify hazards, defects or repair
• Troubleshoot, program and upgrade Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
• Work with vendors to identify needed parts and recommend to Supervisor
• Understand and update instrumentation loop diagrams, E & I drawings, blueprints and schematics
• Program AC & DC variable speed drivers
• Update power distribution system, MCC and switch gears
• Install electrical equipment
Required skills and experience include:
• Lock-out procedures
• Detail and accuracy oriented
• Planning and organizing skills
• Communication skills
• Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• Works well in a team
• Highly motivated
Other required skills:
• Be willing to work rotating shifts
• Able to work overtime and willing to be on-call to support 24/7 operations
• Must have High School Diploma or GED
• Must successfully complete a pre-employment back ground, drug screen, and physical
• Allen Bradley PLC5
• Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000
• Allen Bradley Panelviews
• Allen Bradley Communications—Devicenet & Ethernet
• Scanning and Optimization systems within the Lumber Business (Baxley, USNR)
• Process Network Communication Systems and Components—Ethernet & Fiber Optic
West Fraser, Inc. offers competitive benefits including:
• Life Insurance
• 401-K Savings Plans
All persons meeting the criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
West Fraser, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D