Posted on Dec. 30, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Are you looking for a challenging role where you can put your maintenance experience to work? At Birchwood Foods, you can use your talent in bold, exciting ways.
The Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician will require ammonia refrigeration systems experience with strong electrical skills. In addition, the Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician is responsible for setup, installation, troubleshooting, repair, and testing of mechanical/electrical equipment including automatic machines and process controls, as well as industrial electrical equipment. This includes preventative maintenance activities related to production and building machinery and components.
Our Company offers a competitive salary and a full range of benefits for you and your family. If you are a motivated, self-directed individual driven to achieve maximum success and want to join a Company devoted to employee development and being the best in the business, then apply today!
Education requirements• High School Diploma or G.E.D
Experience requirements• Ammonia Refrigeration Systems Experience
• Strong Electrical Skills
• Maintenance: 2 years
Qualifications• 2+ years of maintenance experience in an industrial environment
• Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of industrial mechanics, including gears, belts, bearings, couplings, and drive lines
• Understanding of pneumatic, and hydraulic cylinders, valves, and solenoids
• Knowledge of basic welding, and fabrication
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals
• Ability to perform tasks under varying conditions (i.e. cold or hot, humid conditions, noise)
• Graduates of industrial, and/or electrical technology programs preferred
• Experience in the meat or dairy manufacturing industry preferred
• Experience with boiler systems and PLC Motor Control preferred
Responsibilities• Perform electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting and repairs in response to equipment errors or failures during production
• May repair or produce parts using welders or machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses or other shop equipment
• Assemble, install or repair electrical or electronic devices, pipe systems, machinery or equipment
• Troubleshoot electrical circuits of machinery, and equipment using schematics and manuals
• Perform preventative, and predictive maintenance on equipment as directed by supervisor
• Test all repairs and installations for correct functionality
• Record all work, and parts used in computerized maintenance management system
• Assure safe work practices, and company policies are adhered to at all times
• Willing and available to work any shift including weekends.
**Birchwood Foods - a company committed to developing our employees and being the best in the business. EOE