Posted on Nov. 17, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan, Disability Insurance
Gordon Food Service is now hiring Industrial Maintenance Mechanics for our Springfield, OH automated distribution center. The position of Industrial Maintenance Mechanic is an essential function of our success. The person hired for this position maintains and performs daily preventative maintenance on all building equipment, including cranes, conveyors, and power industrial vehicles (PIV) to ensure maximum operating efficiency for all equipment, as well as general facility maintenance and repairs.
• Our people are the foundation of our business.
• The great people we hire are steadfast, genuine, and forward-thinking.
• It’s our people who build heartfelt partnerships with customers
• We honor promises to customers and employees alike.
• Productivity and efficiency gets noticed, and often leads to career growth.
• Rewards—financial incentives, employee awards—for jobs well done.
Education requirements• High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate
• Powered Industrial Vehicle certification required upon hire
• We pay to train and certify the right people for this more advanced opportunity
• Our Maintenance Mechanics learn firsthand how to ensure the safety and functionality of our Ammonia Refrigeration systems
Experience requirements• Must have at least three (3) years previous industrial machine repair and/or building / facilities maintenance experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Experience with programmable logic controller (PLC) is highly preferred
• Electrical & mechanical experience is highly preferred
• Conveyor belt system experience is highly preferred
• Preventative maintenance & repair experience of Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) equipment, such as forklift, pallet trucks, and hi-lo equipment is preferred
Qualifications• Willingness to work in varied temperatures within the cold & storage facilities
• Successful passing of a hair drug screen and background check upon hire
• Valid email – this is the number one way we communicate with you
• You must be 18 years of age or older (required)
Responsibilities• Very active, moving all the time
• Work in high, precarious places, freezing cold spaces, inside/outside, and anywhere within the building you are needed
• Exposure to chemicals, sounds, and other environmental elements that may affect you personally (please tell us if this is going to be of concern for you)
• Conveyor belt systems (preventative maintenance & repair)
• Crane system (ASRS)
• Power Industrial Vehicles (preventative maintenance & repair)
• Electrical trouble-shooting
• Preventative Maintenance
• Mechanical repairs
• HVAC ventilation systems
• Building Maintenance
• Light plumbing work
Skills• Ability to read and interpret building schematics/blue prints
• High level of understanding of electrical mechanics
• Attention to detail
• Eagerness to meet team goals, ensuring optimum levels of excellence
• Understanding and passion for safety standards & preventative maintenance
• Proficiency in software applications
Work hours• Sunday: 9:00 PM – 6:00 AM
• Monday: 6:00 PM – 6:00 AM
• Thursday & Friday: 6:00 PM – 6:00 AM
• From time to time, we might need you other days of the week
• Must be able to work holidays, weekends and overtime, as required