at Terumo BCT
Posted on Apr. 21, 2017
* Under minimal supervision, performs necessary and diverse adjustments, maintenance, installations, improvements, and or repairs to applicable Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning systems. Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all major mechanical equipment; diagnoses equipment malfunctions and operating efficiency of mechanical equipment.
* Installs and replaces all types of pumps or refrigeration equipment, pneumatic valves, electric valves, heat transfer equipment, ventilation, and air distribution equipment according to prints, specifications, diagrams, or
* Diagnoses, repairs, and maintains existing HVAC systems including chilling and heating systems and checks chemical treatments.
* Assists in training and providing technical guidance for entry and mid-level trade's associates in maintenance equipment, troubleshooting procedures, and the use of the facilities documentation system.
* Assists engineers, supervisors, project managers, and other trades personnel by providing technical support to problem solving, new installations, improvements, or repairs to applicable new or existing facility systems or structures.
* Inspects own work and the work of lower level trades associates and contractors for compliance to drawings, schematics, sketches, or verbal instructions.
* Selects and orders materials or components as necessary for projects, repairs, or inventory within level of signing authority.
* Outlines methods and procedures to meet regulatory requirements and accountability reports which may include marked drawings showing changes.
* Maintains knowledge of changes in the relevant trade field(s) as well as currency in any required licensing.
* Performs documentation and regulatory recordkeeping responsibilities as defined in by the operating procedures for equipment maintenance.
* Requires ability to work other shifts, non-standard work hours including weekends and holidays.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* May be responsible for leading or providing work direction of other facility, technical associates and or contractors.
* Complies with all applicable health and safety regulations, policies, and established work practices.
* Must complete training in biohazards and other regulatory requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED.
* Minimum 2 - 5 years experience in the following:
* HVAC tools, materials, and safe work practices.
* Large (up to 320 ton) chillers and associate cooling towers.
* DX air-conditioning.
* Low pressure boilers.
* HVAC repair, maintenance, and installation techniques.
* Diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques and procedures.
* Requires comprehensive knowledge of the relevant trade.
* Demonstrates advanced knowledge and familiarity in the other trades areas.
* Excellent problem solving, planning, and organizational skills and proficiency in establishing schedules and budgets for projects.
* Ability to calculate, size, installs, repair, and troubleshoot relevant systems and equipment at proficient to advanced level of competency.
* Ability to comprehend, produces, and interprets drawings, schematics, sketches, or verbal instructions to accomplish objectives.
* Knowledgeable of the regulatory environment specific to larger facilities and manufacturing environment systems.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid driver's license.
EPA 608 Universal Certification
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Operates associated tools and equipment required to perform functions of the job.
* May operate material handling equipment.
* May handle, collect, label, and/or transfer hazardous chemical waste following established procedures and guidelines.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.