Posted on Dec. 22, 2016
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION – 1016.07-AR
ENERGY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
The Oldham County Board of Education is hiring an Energy Management Specialist.
1. High school graduate with technical training in energy management desire; must have Kentucky HVAC Journeyman license.
2. Experience in maintaining hot water boilers.
3. Experience in maintaining central and unit air conditioning systems.
4. Experience in maintaining air handlers and HVAC control circuitry.
5. Knowledge and experience in operating direct digital control systems.
6. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Director
SUPERVISES: Personnel as may be assigned by the Maintenance Director.
JOB GOAL: Provide oversight over all HVAC controls in order to provide a comfortable learning environment and to maintain efficiency in operation of HVAC systems.
1. Assists in the maintenance of all HVAC equipment, as required.
2. Assures adequate inventory of spare parts, special tools, test equipment, and other items related to energy management and control systems.
3. Has full responsibility for management and operation of all Direct Digital Control.
4. Responds to off/hour HVAC emergencies as required.
5. Assures that temporary HVAC schedule changes are efficiently processed.
6. Stays current regarding research and development in energy management and conservation.
7. Assists and supports HVAC technicians in the performance of their duties.
8. Coordinates with the district energy manager all schedules and activities that pertain to energy management.
9. Supervises all activities in the absence of the Maintenance Director.
10. Attends all safety meetings and trainings; adheres to safe work practices and maintains a safe environment.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Director.
12. Familiarity with JCI Metasys, Andover 256, 256+, Continuum, and Infinity Controllers. Utilizes board-provided computer equipment for remote access to monitor, adjust, schedule, and reset HVAC and Refrigeration building equipment while off-site, including nights and weekends.
1. Must be able to perform basic operations of climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, feeling and repetitive motion.
2. Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds, exert force to push/pull up to 100 pounds occasionally and up to 50 pounds frequently.
3. Must possess the visual ability required to prepare and use figures and drawings, operate a computer, operate equipment, use measurement devices, perform visual inspections and operate a board-provided motor vehicle.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be determined by the Superintendent based on the number of contract days and appropriate board-approved salary schedule.
Email or fax your resume.
Fax #: (502) 241-3211