Posted on Oct. 12, 2017
Windham Professionals, Inc. with its campus headquarters in beautiful Salem, NH is hiring an experienced HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER for our SALEM, NH location. Recently recognized by The Boston Globe Magazine as a Top 100 Women-Led Business in Massachusetts, Windham is not your average accounts receivable management and customer care firm. Energy, integrity, and experience are what Windham was built on over 34 years ago and still forms the cornerstones of how we do business today. Windham makes a difference in the lives of our employees.
Reporting directly to the Corporate Director of Human Resources and Business Partner, the Human Resource Manager works in collaboration with the Corporate Human Resources team and local management to ensure effectiveness and compliance. In addition, the Human Resource Manager provides guidance and advice to site management and employees on a wide range of issues including, but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, employee relations and community involvement.
HERE IS WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
* Acts as a liaison to site leadership providing assistance and guidance on human resources issues and initiatives. Coaches and counsels management on policies and procedures.
* Ensures legal compliance by implementing applicable corporate procedures and policies for local, state and federal requirements including, but not limited to, EEO, AAP, HIPAA, and OSHA processes and postings.
* Leads, participates in and maintains site staffing requirements by recruiting, screening, and partnering with leaders on selections.
* Onboard all new employees to include new hire orientation, explanation of benefits, company policies, practices, and procedures. Complete I9 process in E-Verify for statutory compliance.
* In partnership with site management, involve employees in company employee engagement activities and local community charities.
* Responsible for proper management of applicant tracking in ATS, and ensures internal/external equal employment opportunities.
* Properly maintain employee personnel files and documentation, in addition to maintaining data within the HRIS.
* In partnership with Corporate Human Resources, monitors leave of absences, disability, and FMLA requests.
* Helps resolve employee relation issues and may assist Corporate Human Resources in the resolution of employee complaints.
* Supports site leadership with employee relation matters, including corrective actions to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Perform exit interviews, identify trends and recommend opportunities for improvement when appropriate.
* Responsible for proper and timely termination administration process, including payroll, benefits, etc. within the HRIS system and with related vendors.
* Conduct 401(k) PSP orientation and supports employees with benefit-related questions, in coordination with the Corporate Benefits Manager.
* In conjunction with corporate leadership, supports safety and wellness programs.
* Responsible for clear, accurate and timely submission of unemployment claims. Prepares for and attends hearings.
* Partners with Corporate Benefits Manager to ensure work related incidents and inquiries are reported properly and timely and is available for any on-going claim information.
* Supports the HRIS process by ensuring timely system updates with job and compensation changes. Assists employees with timekeeping and pay questions. Directs employees to payroll or HRIS as needed.
* Administers programs and events at the site in coordination with Corporate Human Resources to include but not limited to: annual/bi-annual performance review and goals results, fund-raising for charities, company sponsored events such as annual picnic, holiday parties, etc.
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field with a minimum of 4 years experience in a Generalist role.
* HR Certification(s) preferred. Certification; additional equivalent experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
* Strong knowledge and comprehensive understanding of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
* Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and trust on all levels.
* High level of attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
* Strong ability to organize effectively, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
* Adaptable to changing business dynamics.
* Ability to adapt a flexible schedule as needed.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
* Ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced work environment.
* Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office, and other web-based applications.
HERE\'S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
A fun and exciting environment where creativity, achievement, and mutual respect are recognized
An engaged workforce where diversity is appreciated
A focus on ease, simplicity and wellness with our online Live Health
Competitive compensation package
A place where we help our employees make their dreams come true
We encourage an active lifestyle with an annual fitness membership reimbursement option
Awesome company events for you and your family
Employee driven charitable and community outreach
Fun, team-focused work environment where appreciation and recognition are key
IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO THRIVE IN A CHALLENGING, FAST PACED, GROWTH ORIENTED ENVIRONMENT, CONSIDER JOINING OUR COMPANY AS WE ARE ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF NEW GROWTH CREATING A WORLD CLASS BUSINESS SERVICES ORGANIZATION.
Windham Professionals provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, individuals with a disability, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/AA Disabled/Vet. #CB