at We Are Blood
Posted on Mar. 15, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
Human Resources Assistant
We Are Blood serves over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it! We are currently seeking a Human Resources Assistant for our Austin, Texas office.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor to be the first point of contact for the organization’s administrative offices and provide support to the HR department and its programs. This is a highly visible position that will greet visitors, answer phones and direct calls to the appropriate people, as well as provide information and help to employees, guests, and potential applicants.
• Process incoming mail, schedule conference rooms, provide support in mass mailings and faxing, assist in maintaining employee files, and similar administrative support activities.
• Assist with walk-in applicants, scheduling interviews with hiring managers, and applicant pre-screening.
• Prepare new employee files and assist with administering initial new hire introduction.
• Enter new hire information in HRIS and verify I-9 documentation.
• Maintain tracking and resolution of all time keeping errors.
• Create, update, and terminate badge access for employees and volunteers.
• Maintain and update content for the employee intranet regularly to ensure that all information is accurate and timely; manage users; run usage reports and maintain statistics.
• Responsibly manage the release of announcements and information sent to employees.
• Assist with maintaining and enhancing other HR web-based pages including the HRIS homepage and the HR intranet page.
• Assist the employee committees in the development of marketing materials for program activities and events.
• HS diploma or equivalent. Some college is preferred.
• 3-5 years administrative support and/or customer service experience with at least 2 years of work experience in a HR setting and a minimum of one year of experience developing and maintaining web sites.
• A four-year degree in business or a related area may substitute for experience.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to handle regular interruptions and stay on task.
• Must be detail oriented and able to assimilate knowledge then apply it to daily activities.
• Proficient computer skills with knowledge of MS Power Point, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Experience with HR information systems such as ADP Workforce Now.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out at www.WeAreBlood.org to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled