Posted on Sep. 10, 2017
Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando is Now Hiring a HR Compliance Specialist!
Serves as a link between Lakewood HR support services, property HR, and HR Compliance Manager pertaining to HR work processes, audits, record keeping, affirmative action plans, and compliance related matters.
• Ensures LHUO complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Advises mangers on organizational policy matters such as: EEO, affirmative action, FCRA, joint-employment, NLRA, FMLA, and all other pertinent laws related to the HR function and recommended changes as needed.
• Continuously monitors Department of Labor, Department of Homeland Security, and other federal and state websites for announcements that will affect business practices. Creates processes to ensure compliance with news, such as Temporary Protected Status extensions.
• Directly manages the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification program for LHUO. Provides continual updates to the properties regarding eligibility standing of Team Members. Validates compliance by auditing the Human Resources Information System.
• Supports HR Compliance Manager by designing an annual internal audit schedule, collecting and coordinating internal compliance data, and developing after action reports.
• Creates and maintains a log for all Subpoena records.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications. Prepares and delivers training on new information to HR leaders and property managers.
• Enhances compliance department reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Attention to Detail - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Legal Compliance - Ability to validate if business practices follow legal requirements.
• Confidentiality - Ability to recognize sensitive information and keep data and conversations confidential.
• Planning and Organizing - Ability to outline action steps from project concept to design to implementation.
• Information Monitoring - Ability to recognize updated information and understand the business impact.