Posted on Feb. 7, 2018
The Health, Safety, Environmental Manager will ensure that all practices are in compliance with company policy and other regulatory requirements.
Education requirements• Bachelor’s degree (4 year) or higher in Safety, Engineering, or related technical field, preferred
Experience requirements• Ten (10) years of industrial construction safety experience managing project safety, preferred
Qualifications• Proficiency with MS Office applications: Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work in team
• Knowledge of oil and gas industry is a plus
Responsibilities• Practice safe working technique and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines and procedures as set by the company.
• Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with SSS policies and MSHA requirements.
• Maintain and update SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
• Ensure that inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies are corrected
• Maintain logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements
• Ensure that the Delegation of Authority is followed according to SSS policies
• Assist in developing Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans and Procedures.
• Assist in mine site permitting with local, state and federal agencies
• Coordinate annual hearing conservation program and review results
• Review accidents and incidents and conduct field audits, reporting and managing corrective actions
• Develop an Emergency Response Team
• Assure all employees are MSHA Part 46 trained according to the SSS training plan for newly hired miner training, newly hired experienced miner and experienced miner.
• Keep accurate and up to date records for each employee according to MSHA standards, task training
• Develop task training procedures and review and update when applicable
• Environmental quarterly, semi-annual and annual reporting shall be completed accurately and on time to state and federal agencies.
• Be part of an effective team within the plants that works well with each other functions.
• Coordinate yearly exams for all Plant employees along with necessary documentation
• Administer random drug testing for employees and contractors
• Administer plant safety programs, monitor compliance with company policy and procedures and state and federal regulations
• Conduct compliance inspections according to company policies
• Assure that all employees, visitors and contractors are properly trained in job hazards and safe work practices
• Conduct safety audits as needed, representing plant to regulatory inspectors and agencies
• Maintain current listing of safety data sheets
• Purchase safety equipment
• Work with Human Resources in developing policies and procedures
• Possess a working knowledge of MSHA
• Develop and follow the hazcom program
• Develop and provide industrial health training
• Be a coach and a mentor
• Ensure that accident and near-miss incidents investigations are conducted on a timely manner and that effective assessment and analysis, identification of corrective action, and desired follow-up are achieved.
• Develop a fall protection program
• Communicate with Crew Leads and advise them of their responsibilities as it relates to safety
• Flexible to change and constructive feedback
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Develop an EHS manual with all EHS Managers
• PM-10 monitoring – change filters, flow verifications, recalibrations.
• Coordinate PM-10 with 3rd party inspections