Posted on Aug. 9, 2017
Grey Snow Management (IOWA Tribe of Oklahoma) is currently seeking candidates for their HR Generalist opening.
Responsible for managing Human Resources activities, such as office administration, employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations and strategic departmental planning.
***Interested candidates: For immediate consideration, please email your resume or apply online today! A full job description also available online. You will be linked to this position for quick, easy apply online, email address and our phone number for questions.
Benefits include: 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Life. 75% paid medical for dependents/spouses. 6% 401K Match, LTD, STD and Aflac available.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
• Administers various Human Resources plans and procedures for all company employees; assists in the development and implementation of employee policies and procedures; updates and maintains the Employee Handbook and the Policies and Procedures manual.
• Assists in the evaluation of reports and activities to meet departmental goals. Makes recommendations to improve department efficiency as needed.
• Monitors the performance evaluation program and makes revisions as necessary.
• Administers the compensation program; including communicating benefit information to employees, enrolling employees in benefits, handling claims resolution, and monitoring the benefits billing process.
• Runs maintenance reports to verify accuracy of data input and makes corrections if needed.
• Monitors employee turn-over and recommends strategies for retaining employees.
• Manages recruitment efforts, writes and places advertisements, and sources recruitment opportunities as applicable.
• Conducts orientation for new hires as needed.
• Assists with all areas of employee relations.
• Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Demonstrates professional demeanor at all times and maintains strict departmental and company confidentiality.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
• Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
• Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
• Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
• Retains employees through involvement in employee training and development.
• Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or four to six years Human Resources related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must be organized, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and have the ability to build rapport with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization. Must be computer-literate, with proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience in HR Systems preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, speeches, and articles for publication. Ability to respond to inquiries and complaints. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
A casino environment is typically smoky.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: The Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma operates a drug-free workplace. The selected individual must submit to and pass applicable drug test. Additionally, the selected individual must be bondable and able to pass a background check.