Posted on Aug. 26, 2016
Empire Today is seeking an HR Coordinator to join our Human Resources Team. In this role you will be responsible for assisting in our day to day HR operations and ensuring that we are compliant with all federal and state regulations. The HR Coordinator must have a customer service mindset, as this role will interact with employees at all levels of the organization and outside vendors as well. This position will report to the Employee Relations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Create a positive onboarding experience for all new associates by delivering first day new hire presentation which includes, administering paperwork, reviewing the handbook and Emergency Action Plan, and facilitating additional trainings as needed.
• Prepare onboarding documentation needed for new hires.
• Audit bi-weekly payroll entries.
• Establish, maintain and update associate and employee relations records, files, correspondence, and reports.
• Act as a liaison between associates and the Employee Relations Manager.
• Provide general Human Resource support such as conducting exit interviews, arranging meetings, preparing confidential reports and documents, and electronic/hard copy filing.
• Maintain employee directory and company organization charts.
• Assist in employee performance appraisal process
• Maintain an understanding of employment laws and organizations including, but not limited to, FLSA, DOL, ADA, FMLA, OSHA, and EEOC.
• Assist with various projects and audits.
• Maintain a strong level of confidentiality.
• Other minor duties may be assigned.
• 2-4 years of experience in an HR role
• A foundation of employee relations knowledge
• A high level of confidentiality
• Strong administrative skills
• The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proficiency with business software
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Willingness to adapt in a fast-paced environment