Posted on Apr. 6, 2018
The Parkway Hotel, located in St. Louis, MO historic Central West End, is currently recruiting for a seasoned Housekeeping Manager. This position reports directly to the General Manager and is a part of the Executive Management Team. This position is responsible for the overall operations of the housekeeping department including all the purchasing of supplies needed to run a smooth department. The position will maintain an organized Purchase Order System and maintain relationships with all vendors. The position will be responsible in maintaining discipline within the department and holding all employees accountable for their actions and will suspend or terminate employees when needed. With assistance from the HR Manager, this position will also be responsible for all the hiring and training of new staff. This position has a five day a week requirement but as the hospitality industry is a 24/7 industry, the position sometimes requires flexibility in being available and sometimes be available for more than a five-day work week.
Following are the requirements of this position:
• The ideal candidate will have at least three years housekeeping management/supervisory experience in a similar size hotel, 217 rooms.
• Must have a proven track record of keeping their hotel(s) clean as the Parkway Hotel has won numerous awards for housekeeping excellence and this must continue.
• Must be a strong leader and have a track record of strong leadership skills. Former military is a plus but not required.
• Must be computer literate with full understanding of Microsoft Suite.
• Must show a stable work history.
• Must be flexible enough to be able to work any schedule.
Experience requirements3 years housekeeping management/supervisory experience
SkillsMust be computer literate with full understanding of Microsoft Suite