Posted on May. 1, 2017
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Now Hiring for
Enjoy fabulous benefits like medical insurance, a free on-site fitness center, a health & wellness clinic, employee dining room, rewards, recognition and fun!
With a friendly, upbeat and positive attitude, produce the highest quality of cleanliness in designated areas following established procedures.
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Good communication skills both written and oral.
• Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and equipment preferred but not required.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Problem solving skills are highly desired, as well as an eye for detail.
• Must be a team player.
• Deep clean restrooms, stock all supply closets, vacuum gaming tables, clean deli tables and base, remove trash, clean sled chairs, clean all areas around slot machines, clean ash trays and urns, remove gum from floor.
• Vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, dusting, cleaning of wood, glass, pictures, doors, tables, chairs, slot machines and carpets.
• Responsible for cleanliness of floors in assigned public and employee areas, which includes all front and back of the house.
• Responsible for equipment or process.
• Clean and maintain equipment.
• Uses equipment and supplies properly.
• Report maintenance concerns to supervisor.
• Follow established key and chemical procedures.
• According to periodic maintenance schedule, buffs floors, shampoos, and extract carpets.
• According to periodic maintenance schedule, performs duties such as cleaning of high vents, lights and ceilings, stripping and preparing floors for waxing, scrubbing and re-coating on set schedule.
• Any and all other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental, & Environmental Demands:
• Must be able to work independently.
• Training program for one (1) week with proficiency reached in approximately 1-1-½ months.
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, minimum of 4-6 hrs.
• Must be able to maneuver from floor to floor either by stairway (a minimum of 20 steps) or by escalator.
• Responds to visual and aural cues.
• Must be fluent and literate in English.
• Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, twist, turn, push and pull, reach overhead, as well as lift and carry a minimum of 25 lbs.
• Must have the manual dexterity to grab, grip, hold, pour, tear, cut, sort and reach.
• Must be able to operate various cleaning equipment and tools.
• Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
• Must be able to work a varied schedule, holidays and weekends as requested.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations:
• Must qualify for, obtain, and maintain a gaming license from the Indiana Gaming Commission.
Horseshoe reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Horseshoe Southern Indiana is the world's largest riverboat casino with over 90,000 square feet of gaming action. We are located just 20 minutes from downtown Louisville, Kentucky and situated in Elizabeth, Indiana (Harrison County). The property is just 10 minutes south of New Albany, Indiana on Hwy 111.
Caesars Entertainment/Horseshoe So. Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
‘GREAT OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH' -- Stick with Caesars Entertainment and you can go places. Just climb aboard the most progressive career building system in the industry and hold on as Caesars Entertainment helps you get where you want to be. With programs such as referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, 401-k, company-wide internal transfer opportunities, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more.
Apply online, via e-mail, phone or in person - see apply buttons
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now operates casinos on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Caesars also owns the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars is committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognizes the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.