Posted on Jul. 27, 2016
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking a Housekeeping Houseperson to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel features 277 accommodations including 36 suites and 2 penthouses. These light , airy rooms decorated with colors inspired by the beach that surrounds them, have remote control flat screen HD color TV's, ironing boards and irons, hair dryers, wireless internet access, Keurig coffee makers and mini bars.
Loews Don CeSar Hotel features meeting rooms that are grand while modern, offering beautiful but practical spaces for you to convene. Combine this with our superior service and spectacular views from every meeting room and you are sure to find a formula to success. For more information about the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, please visit our website at www.Loewshotels.com.
The Housekeeping Houseperson will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Rooms Department to ensure we provide a fantastic first impression as we welcome our guests to ensure a memorable experience.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
1. Walk all assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove newspapers and service trays, empty ash urn receptacles, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
2. Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following safety and security procedures and regulations to include but not limited to: hallways, elevators, service areas, stairwells, etc...
3. Remove soiled linen, terry and trash from the service areas and take to the appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
4. Aid section housekeepers as needed (i.e. bed boards, roll-ways, etc.).
5. Report any missing/found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the Senior Housekeeper.
6. Receive assigned section, keys, supplies and any priority requests from the Senior Housekeeper.
7. Respond to guest requests and questions and report guest issues and complaints in a hospitable manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
* Excellent communication skills - oral
* Excellent guest service skills
* Prior housekeeping experience is preferred
* Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
* No formal education needed.
* Self-starting personality with an even disposition