Posted on Jul. 29, 2016
We seek genuine individuals; people who are able to engage and delight our guests. We invest in training and development opportunities for all Team Members so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all Team Members to reach their potential as professionals. We promote social responsibility by being a good neighbor in the communities in which we reside. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
Our mission is to safeguard the integrity of the recruitment and selection process, by continually improving standards, to prompt one defining characteristic: the willingness and commitment to offer comfort, care and everything we have in us to all who come through our doors all so our guests can relax, explore and flourish.
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking a Housekeeping Dispatcher to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel features 277 accommodations including 36 suites and 2 penthouses. These light , airy rooms decorated with colors inspired by the beach that surrounds them, have remote control flat screen HD color TV's, ironing boards and irons, hair dryers, wireless internet access, Keurig coffee makers and mini bars.
Loews Don CeSar Hotel features meeting rooms that are grand while modern, offering beautiful but practical spaces for you to convene. Combine this with our superior service and spectacular views from every meeting room and you are sure to find a formula to success. For more information about the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, please visit our website at www.Loewshotels.com.
The Housekeeping Dispatcher will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Housekeeping and Front Office Departments to ensure we provide a diligent yet charismatic first impression as we prepare guest rooms for arrivals and communicate with the Front Office to ensure all guests are supremely comfortable during their stay.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
* Answers telephone in a prompt and courteous manner according to standard
* Monitors and responds to dispatch radio
* Dispatches guest/Telecom/supervisor calls to appropriate parties
* Maintains, on a daily basis, all Housekeeping logs
* Maintains sign-in and sign-out sheets
* Reconciles boards and keys at end of shift
* Creates the room attendants assignments on a daily basis
* Monitors the systems and ensures all arrivals, VIP and rushed rooms are communicated to the housekeeping supervisors
* Completes attendance report on late or absent employees
* Continually communicates with Front Office and Floor Managers to verify status of all guest rooms
* Inputs information to maintain accurate and up-to-date room status information
* Performs all duties in a timely and professional manner
Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Ability to read, write and communicate in English
* Excellent communication and guest relation skills
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to type at least 25 wpm
* Customer service oriented
Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays