Posted on Jul. 18, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Responsible for performing housekeeping and laundry functions in order to maintain an attractive, clean and comfortable environment to meet the needs of residents.
Essential Job Functions:
• Performs weekly cleaning functions as directed by supervisor.
• Dusts entire apartment, including tops of cabinets, refrigerator, patio walls, patio doors, and all windows inside and out, ceiling fans, furniture, lamps etc.
• Cleans from top to bottom: bathroom, living room, kitchen, and bedrooms. This includes all appliances, sinks, toilets, tubs, inside stove/refrigerator
• If applicable, changes out bed linens
• If applicable, will do all laundry for resident
• Cleans all air/heating units, including filter
• Wash all windows/patio doors inside; outside only if they can be reached
• Cleans woodwork, light and plug plates, doors, and walls as needed
• Defrost refrigerator as needed.
• Sweep floors, mop, then vacuum all carpet, including under beds and behind beds and furniture
• Sweep and mop stairwells throughout the facility
• Other duties may include common areas throughout the facility
• Completes and submits maintenance requests as needed
• Performs other duties as directed by supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent in education, training, and experience preferred.
Years of Experience:
• Prefer three to six months experience in housekeeping or janitorial position.
• Requires knowledge of cleaning solvents and materials and ability to clean apartments/rooms based on established standard.
• Ability to follow cleaning procedures and instructions.
1. List tools, equipment, machines, computers and software used on the job:
• Vacuum cleaner, broom
2. Physical activities of the position:
• Lifts up to 25lbs occasionally
• Carries up to 100lbs occasionally
• Pushes and pulls up to 100lbs occasionally
• Climbs reaches, bends and twists occasionally
• Talks and listens
• Sits one hour per day; stands and walks seven hours per day (combined) in an eight-hour day
3. Physical requirements of the job:
• Light work – exerts up to 20lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10lbs of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
4. Visual acuity requirements, including color, depth perception, & field of vision:
• This is a minimum standard based on the criteria of accuracy and neatness or works for janitors, sweepers, etc.
5. Environmental factors:
• Worker is subject to both environmental conditions – activities occur both inside and outside
• The worker is subject to hazards
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
2 Easy Steps to Apply!
Step 1: Complete the Quick Apply form to the right of this posting, you may attach your resume then click APPLY NOW.
Step 2: Call the phone number provided to schedule an interview!