Posted on Nov. 1, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
$12.00– $14.00 Hourly
Great place to work and great place to stay!
Would do you like to work for a great organization with loads of career opportunities? If you are serious about service and career growth, come in and apply today!
The Marriott Austin South is currently seeking dedicated, flexible and service orientated individuals to fill the following position:
NIGHT AUDITOR/GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
The Night Auditor balances all hotel and restaurant transactions daily and assists guests efficiently, courteously and professionally in all Front Desk related functions providing excellent guest service.
Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the Hotel Improvement Plan.
Night Auditors are to complete all Guest Service Representative functions, in addition to accurately recording all revenue and statistics, completing daily Housekeeping reports, and segmenting room and house reports to proper markets.
- Always answer telephone within three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed.
- Respond to all pages/radio calls immediately.
- Open and close shift correctly.
- Responsible and accountable for issued bank. Count bank at beginning and end of shift.
- Report all cash over/shorts to management. Make cash drops in accordance with proper cash handling procedures. Comply with hotel and department accounting procedures.
- Consistently follow all cash handling procedures.
- Verify and safeguard the Night Audit bank.
- Ensure all credit cards, cash, and change fund are balanced throughout each shift.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and effectively explain items such as common reports, guest folios and emergency procedures.
- Audit guest accounts to ensure that room rate and coding is correct and consistent.
- Audit house accounts. Audit group accounts to ensure that postings to these accounts are in accordance with the sales contract.
- Post room and tax to all active guest accounts.
- Run all computer reports to complete gross revenue report worksheets. Input gross revenue report figures and complete the gross revenue reports in a timely manner.
- Handle guest mail, messages, faxes and safe deposit boxes following established SOP’s.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel room locations, room rates, amenities, selling strategies, discounts, frequent guest program benefits and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
- Refer guests to hotel outlets to maximize hotel revenue.
- Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
- Verify that front lobby and all external doors are securely locked at the designated times.
- Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Security/Management.
- Print the guest folios for express checkout and ensure that they are being placed under the guest’s door at the appropriate time.
- Deliver newspapers.
- Organize the Front Desk area so that the A.M. Front Desk staff can properly prepare for their shift. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
- Offer and properly handle all wake-up call requests and "do not disturb" requests.
- Report problems regarding finances, the audit, guest relations and security promptly to the appropriate manager or General Manager.
- Reconcile daily gift shop revenue (if applicable) and print applicable reports.
- Able to operate hotel van if applicable and approved to do so.
- Protect the hotel’s assets.
- Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
- Participate in daily preshift.
- Wear uniform, including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance
- Promote teamwork and associate morale.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
White Lodging offers competitive benefits including medical, vision, dental insurance for Full Time associates.
Other benefits include Short term and long term disability. We also offer paid time off, vacation pay, 401K employer match. We offer tuition reimbursement.
White Lodging is an equal opportunity employer