Posted on Nov. 22, 2016
Full Time, Part Time
IMMEDIATE POSITIONS FOR HOME HEALTH AIDES
We have openings in the Jefferson County,
Bullitt County, Shelby County and Oldham County areas.
FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
1st, 2nd, 3rd Shifts -
Short Shifts and -
Weekend Shifts Available!
• $9.00 - $ 11.00 per hour
• Flexible Shift and Scheduling Options
• Client and Employee Referral Programs
FirstLight HomeCare is a company built on the strength of its people. We look for individuals with a passion for excellence, who will help make us better and who will bring our clients exceptional care and compassion every day.
Job Summary for compassionate HOME HEALTH AIDES -
An individual who has completed FirstLight HomeCare’s personal care training & is competent to perform assigned functions of personal care to a client in his/her residence, or a facility setting.
Applicants for the position of FirstLight HomeCare HOME HEALTH AIDE will need to meet the following basic qualifications:
• The applicant must have completed FirstLight HomeCare's orientation, non-medical training program, be trained in patient privacy issues & demonstrate basic knowledge & competency in the field of senior care. In addition, the applicant must:
• The applicant must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
• The applicant must have the ability to carry out directions, &to read & write.
• The applicant must demonstrate maturity, professionalism & the ability to deal effectively the job demands
• The applicant must complete background-check, including a check of criminal & driving records along with finger printing & substance testing where required.
• The applicant must be a minimum 18 years of age & a citizen of the United States.
• Valid drivers license
* Valid proof of auto insurance
• Active Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) by State of Kentucky (if applicable)
• Negative Tuberculosis Screen
Responsibilities a FirstLight HomeCare compassionate HOME HEALTH AIDES can/will:
• Assist clients with personal hygiene, including shower, tub or bed baths, oral care, hair & skin care.
• Assist patients in the use of toilet facilities, including bed pans.
• Assist clients in & out of bed, excluding the use of mechanical lifting equipment unless trained & documented as competent in that service.
• Assist clients with walking, the use of walkers & wheelchairs, when applicable.
• Assist clients with self-administration of medications.
• Meal preparation & feeding, when required.
• Assist with prescribed exercises
• Assist residents with daily tasks; bathing, feeding, transports, ambulation, & grooming.
Candidate will be required to document all care given, & attend all educational in-services.
Apply online or in person Monday-Friday, 10am-2pm
Click "apply now" for address and online application