Posted on Nov. 20, 2017
Home Health Aide (STNA or CNA)
Hope Home Care - Dayton, OH
Hope Home Care is looking for reliable and compassionate STNA's and CNA's to fill positions caring for home health patients in the Greater Dayton area. Contact us today to learn about our FREE Home Health Aide Training Classes.
Salary: $10 / hour
Responsibilities of the Home Health Aide include:
• Providing personal care: Bath, Oral Hygiene, Shampoo, Changing Bed Linens, etc.
• Assisting patients with dressing.
• Assisting the patient with toileting activities.
• Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly.
• Planning and preparing nutritious meals.
• Assisting in feeding the patient, if necessary.
• Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
• Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
• Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service.
• Assisting patient in the self-administration of medication.
• Doing patient’s laundry, as appropriate.
• Meeting safety needs of patients, using equipment safely, and properly.
• Reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse.
• Adhering to the Organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
• Meets the training requirements of CFR 484.36 and has obtained a Certified Nurse Aide certificate or is a current State Tested Nurse’s Aide and can be verified on the STNA registry or has worked under the supervision of an RN for at least one year and can provide a signed letter from the RN stating so.
• At least 18 years of age.
• High School graduate, current CPR certification a plus.
• Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
• Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
• Empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
• Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
• Licensed driver with automobile insurance.
Please CLICK APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!