Posted on Oct. 11, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Great company looking for exceptional people!
Mid-State Machine and Fabrication Corp is NOW HIRING Heavy Mechanical Industrial Mechanic(s) to join our Lakeland, FL Team!
Founded in 1975, Mid-State started out as a Machine Shop with 15 employees servicing mostly Phosphate industry. Today, MS employees over 500 people serving the Phosphate, Chemical, Power, Citrus, Sand & Aggregate, and many other industries by offering turnkey solutions including field maintenance, fabrication, dragline repair, machining, pump repair, gearbox repair, and valve repair. MS is equipped with industry experts, 200,000 square foot of shop space, and overhead crane capacity up to 35 tons allowing MS to meet all of our clients’ needs.
Essential Duties & Requirements Include:
Disassemble, inspect, document, analyze and rebuild all brands of Industrial Rotating Equipment.
Critical and thorough disassembly and inspection of equipment, look for failure modes, wear, and overall condition. Will inspect and evaluate to defined procedures in an organized and detailed manner. Cleanly and efficiently rebuild equipment with repaired, reused, and new components to documented procedures.
Will be required to:
• Document and Inspect Components during disassembly
• Clean for Inspection
• Inspect housings, bearings, and shafts
• Recommend Possible Repairs
• Clean parts for Assembly
• Assemble to Mid-State, OEM, and other Best Practices
• Assist in developing and continually improving shop procedures
• Utilize calibrated precision measuring equipment
• Work in pairs and teams for large jobs
• Work independently to a set of procedures with stop checks for Supervisor and QC Sign Offs
• Work with Production, Management, and Clients to refine and improve repair process to increase repair Quality
• Continually Develop Skills and Certifications
Skills and Experience:
• 2+ Years in Industrial Equipment Repair
• Knowledge of Industrial Applications and Practices
• Knowledge of Bearing Settings
• Mechanical Measurement to .0005”
• Good Verbal and Written Communication
• Organized and Detail Oriented
• Location- Lakeland, Fl
• Shift – 6a-2p M-F Std. Additional Hours and Saturdays as workload dictates
• Rate – Negotiable Depending on Experience
• Benefits Available – Medical, dental & vision Insurance, 401K, vacation & holiday pay
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume today, and thank you for your interest in Mid-State Machine and Fabrication Corp!