Posted on Aug. 25, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
This is a skilled position requiring the individual to perform maintenance of all company equipment. Most of
the job duties will be will be based in the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
• Analyzes malfunctions of all company equipment and perform repairs, rebuilds and maintenance of
• Repairing paving equipment, rollers, Asphalt Lay down, Brooms, etc.
• Dismantle and reassembles equipment, using hoist and hand tools.
• Examines parts for damage and excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
• Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions.
• Welds broken parts and structural members.
• Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
• Will assist other personnel when there is no need for field mechanic work.
• Servicing equipment as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned per supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. One to two years of related
experience and/or a combination of both.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately.
• CDL is preferred but not required
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the team!