Posted on Apr. 14, 2017
The purpose of this classification is to provide direct care to agency's DD client population, and ensure that contracted services are provided on a continuous basis. This entry level classification does not require previous experience in serving the DD population.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Provide direct services to facility residential clients (e.g., ICF-DD, Supported Living) (e.g., assist client(s) with completion of various programming needs & requirements (e.g., monitoring and passing medication(s), client assigned house chores, meal preparation), personal care needs (e.g., proper dress, hygiene), & documenting clients' cooperation, activities, behavior issues; ensure health & safety of clients is maintained in accordance with delegated nursing
• Monitor facility (inside and outside perimeter) on a routine basis to ensure safety of clients, staff and the community at-large (e.g., monitor incoming and outgoing telephone calls, conduct house and perimeter checks); ensure clients conduct themselves as directed while in the community &/or other public establishments; maintain itinerary sheets to account for whereabouts of all clients at all times performs routine coverage duties (e.g., maintains logs, files, activity records, issue violations).
• Meet with program staff, clients, regarding specific cases (e.g., client compliance with program requirements); track client activity (via Tracker &/or other internal system) in order to ensure information is accurate, consistent and maintained in the proper location and format in accordance with established laws, rules, policies and procedures; receives telephone inquiries from public, clients' family members, probation/parole authorities regarding procedures, rules and guidelines and refers to refers to authorized staff; sorts, distributes mail.
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
• Skill in use of personal computer and related equipment and software
• Must complete medication-passing, First-Aide/CPR certification within probationary period
• Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license
• Must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug test
• Must complete 40 hours of in-service training on an annual basis
** No prior experience necessary
Alvis is committed to attracting and retaining qualified, productive and motivated employees through a compensation package comprised of pay, professional development opportunities, benefits and the intangible rewards of helping others to turn their lives around. We offer a variety of benefits depending upon the type of employment (part time, full time, nonexempt, exempt, etc.).
The following is a basic overview of benefits available to our staff:
• Vacation, personal and sick leave
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Short term and long term disability insurance
• 401(k) plan
• Professional development
• Employee assistance program
• Life insurance
• Shift differential pay
To apply for this position please fill out the ‘Quick Apply” section with your name, email and phone number. Attach, type or paste your resume in the space provided and click apply now. You may also apply in person. Click apply now to be directed to be directed to the location address.