Posted on Oct. 17, 2016
*Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
*Speak with us on Wednesday, October 26, from 10am to 2pm.
*Click Apply now for the location address.
In order to be considered for a Guest Teacher position you must complete the following steps:
• Provide Official Transcripts indicating the conferral of a degree at interview. Guest teachers are required to have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree.
Once you have completed these steps, your application will be reviewed.
Applicants who are eligible to move forward in the process will receive an email from Roxy Duvernay requesting an interview.
If you are offered a position as a Guest Teacher, this offer is contingent upon the following:
• Completion of mandatory online SafeSchools Courses.
• Completion the online Guest Teacher Certification Course. There is a $30.00 fee for this course. If you hold a valid teaching certificate, you are not required to complete this course.
• Satisfactory Reference Check. References will be verified by telephone reference checks.
• Receipt of fingerprint clearance by FBI, FDLE, and The School District of Collier County.
• Satisfactorily pass a pre-employment drug screen. There is a $99.00 fee for the fingerprinting/drug screen.
New guest teachers attend a two day mandatory orientation which consists of the following:
• Day 1 – New hire meeting and Orientation
• Day 2 – Shadowing a current teacher
After completion of the two day orientation, you may begin to work as a Guest Teacher for Collier County Public Schools.
The daily rate of pay for Guest Teachers is $91.43 ($12.19 per hour).
Daily assigned Guest Teachers receive $121.00 per day ($16.13 per hour). Daily assigned guest teachers are assigned each day by the District in difficult to fill positions.
Guest teachers are highly valued in our District and play a significant role in the education of our students. I hope you will pursue this rewarding opportunity.