at Galt House
Posted on Jul. 28, 2017
GUEST SERVICES MANAGER
Galt House Hotel - Louisville, KY 40202
The Galt House Hotel is the largest downtown meeting and convention hotel in the Southeast region. We are located adjacent to the KFC YUM! Center and walking distance to many restaurants and attractions in the downtown area. Our hotel features over 130,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, 1300 guest rooms, six restaurants and lounges, and much more.
Currently seeking an experienced, polished professional who will serve in the role of Guest Services Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing guest service operations including the Bell Stand, Concierge and support the Front Desk as needed. Responsible for ensuring hotel consistency in quality of standard, as well as the delivery of outstanding guest service and the effective operations of the BellStand and Front Office Concierge Desks.
• Assists all guests in a professional and courteous manner.
• Performs job duties and responsibilities in a cost effective manner and within budgetary guidelines.
• Ensures guests are consistently interacted with as a means to build relationships. Responds appropriately to guest complaints, solicits feedback and builds relationships as a means to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
• Interviews and selects Bell Staff and Front Office Concierge for hire.
• Provides effective departmental orientation, training, coaching, evaluation, and motivation to associates.
• Manages the day to day staffing requirements of the front desk.
• Oversees and directs the work of the front office associates by assigning and delegating tasks.
• Ensures proper cash controls and other internal controls are in order to protect company assets by thoroughly training all associates on proper procedures.
• Maintains and orders supplies within budget and as directed by the General Manager.
• Stays current on hotel accommodations, services and local attractions and restaurants in order to effectively assist guests.
• Assists at front desk associate on an as needed basis.
• Understands and applies all hotel safety and security procedures as required to maintain a safe and secure environment for employees and guests.
• Keeps supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken.
• Maintains laundry service records.
• Coordinate transportation for hotel guests if needed.
• Attend pre-con meetings.
• Ensures payroll is completed in a timely fashion.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Must have the ability to provide professional and courteous guest service.
• Must have good time management skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must have good organizational skills, the ability to multitask and strong attention to detail.
• Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Must have the ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude when handling guest and associate situations and problem resolution.
• Must have a working knowledge of computers and basic math skills.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; associate degree preferred.
• One year of previous hotel front desk or customer service experience required.
• Previous management/supervisory experience preferred.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Galt House Hotel offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401k, a complimentary meal in associate cafeteria, complimentary parking, a discounted monthly TARC bus pass and more.
The Galt House Hotel is a Drug Free Workplace, creating a culture of care where diversity is welcomed.
Click on the 'Apply Now' button, to the right of this ad, for contact and location information.