Posted on Aug. 6, 2018
Childcare, Flexible schedule
As a key member of the School Age CEP team, the Group Leader is responsible for creating a safe, fun and positive atmosphere that promotes member engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
• PASSION FOR WORKING WITH SCHOOL-AGED CHILDREN
• Minimum age: Group Leader - Age 18 Staff Aide - Age 17
• Hours: Monday-Friday 7 AM – 9 AM and 3 PM – 6 PM (times are flexible based on site needs)
• Able to work/travel to CEP sites located in various JCPS school locations
• Team Player with personal commitment to YMCA Mission, Philosophy & Character Development Values.
• Previous child care or group work experience preferred.
• Must be able to provide proof of High School enrollment or High School diploma or an equivalent
• Must pass drug screen and background check.
• Possess the willingness to actively engage with the children and have FUN!
• To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy, spirit, mind and body for all.
• Ability to lead group activities with 15-20 students.
• Able to be a role model for students in our programs.
• Maintain positive relationships with members, participants and other staff.
• Know, understands and applies all safety rules.
• Lifting up to 50lbs
• Climbing, sitting, standing, pushing, walking, kneeling, and stooping
• Tolerate heat and humidity for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting your voice across a distance in normal & loud situations.
• Free School-Aged Child Care
• YMCA Membership
• Referral Incentive Bonus
CONTACT: Marsha Green, Staff Recruiter, YMCA: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 502-637-1575