Posted on Aug. 9, 2017
Grey Snow Management (IOWA Tribe of Oklahoma) is currently seeking candidates for their Groundsman openings.
Responsible for assisting the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor in ensuring that all activities in the Maintenance Department are performed accurately and efficiently in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and internal control standards. Groundsman will typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, and sprinkler installation.
***Interested candidates: For immediate consideration, please email your resume or apply online today! A full job description is also available online. You will be linked to this position for quick, easy apply online, email address and our phone number for questions.
Benefits include: 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Life. 75% paid medical for dependents/spouses. 6% 401K Match, LTD, STD and Aflac available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
• Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
• Shovel snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas.
• Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
• Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
• Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
• Gather and remove litter.
• Maintain or repair tools, equipment, or structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, or benches, using hand or power tools.
• Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
• Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, or other grounds features.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED equivalent, or the ability to obtain a GED within one (1) year of employment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: The Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma operates a drug-free workplace. The selected applicant must submit to and pass applicable drug test. Additionally, selected individual must be bondable and able to pass background check.