Posted on Oct. 6, 2016
Job Title: Gourmet Food Sales Associate
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Sales Manager
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Schedule: Schedule is set based on business needs
Travel: (Assigned Territory)
Drug Testing: Required
Non-Compete Agreement: Required
Background Checks: Criminal
Summary: Sells products for distributor to restaurants and caterers, hotels and retail, establishments or individuals at place of business by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
• Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers or by phone.
• Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
• Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
• Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
• Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
• Tracks stock levels.
• Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
• Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
• Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
• Mentors with Senior to obtain institutional knowledge concerning products, processes and systems.
• College Degree desired but not required.
• One to two years of related experience in restaurant, food sales, or professional catering.
• Past experience working as a Chef highly desired
• High Energy and enthusiastic
• Must live in the Pittsburgh, PA area.